15th Annual Tribal Casino and Hotel Development Conference
April 24 - 25, 2023The Palms Casino Resort
The 15th Annual Tribal Casino & Hotel Development Conference will be held April 24 – 25, 2023 at The Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas, NV!
This unique conference is dedicated to the design and development of Tribal-owned casinos, resorts, and hotels. Tribal leaders will gather with industry professionals to discuss the most relevant topics in the casino and hospitality business. Advancements in technology, the latest in gaming trends, renovation and expansion plans and government legislation all mean constant change to the gaming industry. You’ll also discuss with experts what the future of gaming may look like and how your property can emerge as a leader. If you are looking to build, expand or update your casino or hotel, this is a can’t-miss event!
From all meal functions in the exhibit hall to one-on-one meetings with conference delegates and sponsors, this is an excellent opportunity for you to meet casino executives who share your goals and challenges.
This conference offers a variety of engaging sessions, panels, case studies and speakers which provide delegates a complete update on industry trends, new technologies, and what to look forward to in the field.
The exhibit hall features numerous casino and hotel solution-providers who will showcase their products and services to help you achieve your goals.
Who Should Attend:
- Tribal Leaders and Council Members
- Economic Development Professionals
- Attorneys and Accounting Professionals
- Casino Marketing Professionals
- Hotel and Casino General Managers
- Finance and Legal Professionals
- Architect and Design Firms
- Procurement Companies
- Developers and Construction Companies
- Hospitality and Gaming Technology Developers
- Owner’s Representatives
- Feasibility Study Companies
- Technology Developers
- Government Personnel
At Native Nation Events, we pride ourselves on offering best-in-class networking events in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. No need for suits and ties; business casual is the preferred dress code for our conferences.
Thank you to our Platinum sponsors for their continued support, dedication to knowledge, and drive to enhance the Native American community.
Register Now To Attend
For Professionals, Executives & Leaders from Government or Tribal-Owned Enterprises
Tribal Super Early Bird
Tribal Early Bird
Group Rate (Four or More Paid From Same Tribe or Entity)
Tribal Group Super Early Bird
Tribal Group Early Bird
Tribal Group Standard
For Other Industry Professionals
Pro Super Early Bird
Pro Early Bird
HOTEL INFORMATIONThe Palms Casino Resort
The Palms Casino Resort
Room Rate: $99 per night
Room Cut-Off Date: Friday, March 24, 2023
To book your room, call 702-942-7777. Please mention the group code G15A423 to receive the discounted rate.
Book Your Room Here
15th Annual Tribal Casino & Hotel Development Conference
April 24-25, 2023
The Palms Casino Resort- Las Vegas, NV
Monday, April 24, 2023
Registration & Networking Breakfast
Grand Foyer Ballroom
Sponsorship Sales Manager | Native Nation Events
State of the Economy and It's Impact on Tribal Gaming
- Given the challenges of inflation and the possible risk of recession, how are casino operators planning for the future?
- How can you determine what items and capital expenditures are necessary during a time when prices are continuing to rise?
- In just a few years, we have witnessed the highest revenue increases followed by the largest revenue decreases; how has this impacted business operations?
- With two years left under the Biden Administration, what’s to come?
Morning Networking Break
How Are Supply Chain Shortages Affecting Hotel and Casino Capital Projects and Operations?
- What is the current state of supply chain shortages?
- The importance of strategic thinking when purchasing items to stay within budget and timeline.
- What impact does this have on the construction and operations side of the industry?
- How can you combat inflation and lack of availability of necessary supplies?
11:15 AM -12:30 PM
Casino Executive Roundtable
- Senior Casino Executives will share their experiences with new projects. You’ll hear first-hand how to provide premium customer service and turn your challenges into strengths so that you can be guided in the right direction.
- How can you ensure you’re attracting and selecting the most qualified candidates in a competitive market to work at your renovated or expanded property?
- What will the next generation of leaders bring to this industry, and how are we training them?
- How can hotel and casino management collaborate to maximize the property’s profitability as a whole?
Track A: Implementing Technology to Combat Staffing Shortages
- How can leveraging new technologies and strategies maximize operational capabilities with lower staffing levels?
- What are the ethics of replacing jobs with technology? Does this help or harm your business and community?
- What can casinos do to maintain high-quality levels of service?
- How can using self-service technology be beneficial for your patrons?
Track B: Access Reimagined
- The hotel guest room door is where hospitality happens. It’s the touchpoint where all hotel systems converge and where the delivery of hospitality occurs.
- Understand how your access control choices play a pivotal role in not only the safety of your staff and guest but also your guest service offering.
- This isn’t just a guest room lock; it is the keystone of your tech stack and how your guest experiences their stay.
2:30 - 3:00 PM
Afternoon Networking Break
3:00 - 4:00 PM
Track A: Roundtable: Implementing the Latest Security Trends Within Your Renovation or Expansion Project
- What latest security trends should be considered in an expansion project?
- Discuss the newest technologies, such as baggage screening, metal detectors, facial recognition, and artificial intelligence.
- What security measures should be implemented during the construction phase?
- How do you ensure that all on-site laborers are authorized to be there?
- How to deal with the increase in traffic flow on-site?
3:00 - 4:00 PM
Track B: How the Inflation Reduction Act Can Decrease Costs on Tribal Government Projects
- What new avenues have been opened for tribes?
- What are the 179D Deductions, and what are their requirements?
- What are considered qualified energy efficiency standards on tribal government projects?
- What amount of cost savings can be expected?
- What are the hidden costs of the IRA?
- How can you stay in compliance with federal regulations?
What Factors go into Project Planning and Marketing when it comes to Attracting Different Generations
- In a Pre-Renovation/Expansion meeting, how are you as casino owners and operators working with the design, architect, and construction companies to decipher the generational gaps wants and needs?
- It is proven that GenX spend the most money, do you have the amenities they are looking for?
- Which proven marketing trends are showing the best results?
- If you had a suggestion box in your lobby, do you think it would be full? Or are you confident that you know what your clients want?
Day One Conference Concludes
Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Registration and Networking Breakfast
Grand Foyer Ballroom
Casino and Hotel Expansion: Expanding Your Property and Expanding Your Opportunity
- Are you taking into consideration your clientele’s wants and needs with expansions?
- All the steps you need to know about pre-development, from financing to finding a contractor.
- You have been issued a notice to begin your expansion project; what are the next steps?
- Examining how the effects of rising costs, inflation, and interest rates will affect financial diversification and expansion projects.
- The importance of curating a good team to plan and execute expansions and construction.
- What are potential operational conflicts or challenges regarding employees and guests while your property is under construction?
- How can you determine what expansions are most necessary and will have the biggest payoff?
Morning Networking Break
Marketing Trends Now and For the Future
- How can Artificial Intelligence (AI) be used to determine marketing incentive programs?
- “The New Age of Marketing” Digital Marketing. How effective has it been, and where does it go from here?
- “You can’t improve what is not measured.” What are key drivers/analytics that measure the success of various forms of marketing?
- With a downfall in the economy, should properties hold back on marketing dollars, or is it time to double down?
- If casinos are looking to scale down, what is the most proven and cost-effective marketing method?
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Non-Gaming Amenities That Drive Revenue and Clientele Diversification
- How can your property cater to guests who want to enjoy family-friendly activities?
- What is the latest data on family entertainment centers, bowling alleys, cinemas, and RV parks at Indian Casinos?
- Are you exploring all the possible revenue streams outside of gaming?
- What will expansions (like a new restaurant) add to your property? Is the return worth the expense?
- There is an increased need for conference spaces. How can your property rise to the challenge?
12:00 - 12:45 PM
Sports Betting Within Tribal Gaming Success Stories
- What are the state laws and tribal ordinances that you need to know when it comes to sports betting?
- How will sports betting affect the popularity of table games? How can you keep table games relevant?
- Introducing in-person sports betting to your casino.
- Benefits of in-person sports betting versus mobile sports books.
- The importance of creating an inviting space for customers to participate in sports betting.
- How have food and beverage sales been impacted since implementing sports betting?
Tribal Casino and Hotel Development Conference Concludes